<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 22, 2001

I love how we, as Christians, are often the biggest hypocrites. My eyes are being opened more and more to the fact that even the strongest and most knowledgeable among us are often plagued by hypocrisy of pharisitical proportions. My Christian brothers and sisters should be the ones I turn to in order to receive the love, support, and care that I need. So why is that I often end up having to look elsewhere to find that? Why is it that the friends who know nothing of the love and sacrifice of Christ are generally the ones that best display God's love and the qualities we are called to possess? Yes, I must admit that I myself often fall short of God's expectations of fostering community in the Church. I, too, often prove myself to be a hypocrite and put conditions on the love I should freely give. To love God is to love others, no exceptions, no conditions. We are called into fellowship with other believers, we are called to take stock in our brothers and sisters. So, why is that we often force those needing, no, craving, this fellowship into solitude? Why is it that we so very often turn our backs to the ones we should lovingly embrace in order to seek out "better, more pleasing" company? There are people begging at our feet and yet we walk over them as if they mean nothing. I cannot wait for the time when I may fellowship with the Most High, for He places no expectations, no conditions, no limits on His love. Yes, I am hurting. I feel like Caesar, betrayed by the one he loved most. I am clothed in the same righteousness as you, I am draped in the robes of our Lord, and yet you treat me as if I am wearing rags. Is this what you call fellowship, community? Never so much as now have I understood the nonbeliever's hesitation to enter the church. Shame on us.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com