<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 14, 2001

My mother and I went shopping today. I love going shopping with my mother. Nothing compares to the joy that comes in spending your parents' money. Well, nothing that I have found, that is. I'm sure there must be something comparable, like getting married or having a child. But until I find out for myself, I think I'll stick with throwing away someone else's hard earned cash.

Last night, my friend Kristi and I went out with some old friends from high school. It was surreal. I hadn't seen most of them since graduation more than two years ago. I was surprised to see how little people have changed. I felt as if I had become this completely different person, but they stayed exactly the same as they were in high school. I guess that is what happens when you move away and leave everything, and everyone, behind. I have never missed high school so much as I did last night.

I'm excited to get back to school, though. As slow and backwards as it often is, I love Gainesville. I think I love it because almost everyone I love lives there. My friends are my lifelines. I don't know what I would be without the people in my life. I think that friends are God's greatest tangible sign of love. He has graced my life exponentially by giving me the friends that He has. I can't wait to get back to school and see them all. They make me a better person, and that should be the way it goes.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com