<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 30, 2001

I have a story due at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning and writing on here is not going to help me finish it in any way, shape or form. And yet, here I sit, tapping away. I'm making myself feel better by telling myself that all this writing will get the brain juices flowing and will help me think of something to write about.
I love so many things. I like to think of myself as a loving person, so naturally loving things fall in line with that sort of character trait. First of all, I love my God. For the past week, I've had the RUF at Auburn CD in my car and haven't been able to turn it off. Yes, for some this might seem monotonous, however I could sing hymns to God all day and never tire of it. For some reason, other praise and worship songs just can't compare to old hymns. What's the difference? I have no idea.
I love my church. I love my pastor. Those two go together because I really don't separate the two in my head. I have never, in my life, looked forward to going to church as much as I do now. Rob is absolutely amazing. I've signed up to help with Children's Church for a few Sundays, but still have yet to pick the dates because I can't stand to miss one word that the man says. Yes, I am incredibly selfish, but what can I say?
I love fall days. There is a briskness in the air that gives me so much energy. I always feel so alive in the fall. Granted, this fall comes with so many memories, and it's hard to feel the chill in the wind and not think back to last autumn. But, I can't let that stop me from enjoying every single second. That would be like not eating ice cream because you got a cavity one time. Fall makes me want to move up north. I close my eyes and pretend that I am sitting on top of a mountian in North Carolina and feel so at home.
I love fresh flowers. On my way home tonight, I stopped by the grocery store just to buy some. My house needed some life, flowers seemed to do just the trick.
I love my friends. I can tell who they are because they are the ones who have seen me at the times when I have been completely stripped of any front and they are still around. They are the ones who even though I know I annoy the curses out of them they still call me to hang out on Friday night. They are the ones who laugh at the jokes I tell that they have heard a hundred times. They are the ones who know how bad a player I am and yet still invite me to play Ultimate or football. They are the ones whose faces plaster the walls of my room and my study because I love to look at them. I love my friends, in fact I cannot get enough of them. I don't think any of them has an idea about how wonderful I think they are. Maybe I should tell them. That would be a good idea.
I love strawberry Starbursts. I say that because I have one in my mouth right now.
I love my president. I am proud to say I voted for Bush. Bush is an amazing man, but so many people are blind to that fact. God has truly place His man in office at a time when our country needs him most. George Bush has his faults, but its nice to see him admit to those and move on. Bush has made his mistakes, but God has forgiven so what right do American people have to hang those over his head? I think we have been without genuine leadership for so long that we have forgotten what it looks like.
I love the fact that its almost midnight and I haven't even started my story. I guess I'll get started on that, it's not like I have anything better to do.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com