<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 12, 2001

We watched American History X in my Social Problems class today. If anyone knows me, they know that that movie is one of my all-time favorites. Ed Norton gives such a brilliant performance, very real, very powerful. I don't think I can possibly express what that movie does to me. It's not at all like other films, where you watch, you process, you move on. This movie lingers, it leaves a tingling knot in the pit of your stomach that begs you do something and yet you don't know what to do or say. I live for movies, I love the escape from this reality that films provide. American History X is quite possibly the most real movie I have ever seen, yet I find myself completely lost in the characters, in the story. You feel something for the people in this movie, something you can't for any other character. I'm getting carried away, but I LOVE this movie. I think all history, all english, ALL classes should require students to view this film. Anyways, I was just really excited at getting to watch this movie today, so I thought I would share.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com