<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 14, 2001

The weather today was decidedly November skies. I love waking up to gray cover and biting breezes. The lack of sunlight seemed to cast a melancholy over everything, which was unfortunately appropriate for the news of the day. Today I was told that my friend's father died suddenly this morning, the wife of another friend was involved in a rather serious biking accident this weekend, and a UF student from my high school died in a car accident. It bothers me that I didn't even know him.
It took me a while, but I have recovered from my Monday. Last night's RUF was a saving grace. I don't know how he does it, but Clif Wilcox reads my mind just about every week. How else would he know exactly what I need to hear on any given Tuesday? How else would he know that I needed to hear the "don't worry, trust in God" sermon yet another time? The man has a gift. And then there are all of my wonderful friends who make me forget about everything but what is really important.
I'm anxious to move on to tomorrow. I wish for the same fall skies, but with an accompanying joy. Until then, there is late night television and my warm, almost comfortable bed.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com