<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 23, 2001

As prosaic and sentimental as it might be, I went carolling with a group of people from my home church this evening and actually had an pleasant time. As pleasant as it can be singing to people confined to their homes due to age and unfortunate circumstances. Our first stop was the home of a few boys that I had attended high school with and their parents had joined our church sometime within the three years I have been away. The oldest son, Chris, is my age and would have spent fours years attending BHS with me and all of our friends had he not spent that doing time for robbing a bank. I admit that he and his life circumstance had always been a joke with me (I mean what moron robs a bank and expects to get away with it) until the moment I stepped into his house tonight and saw his mother lying on the couch as cancer toys with her frail body. It was by far the most upsetting thing I have seen in a while and had to stare at the songsheets to keep myself from crying. To think, here is this kid that I have spent so much of my time making fun of, and he's about to lose his mom to the longest fight of her life. At least she was home for Christmas.
My pastor has eleven children and four of them are on their way over right now. Matt, the second to oldest, went to school with and personally knows Rex Grosman. He's promised to "hook me up", whatever that means, but I would like to think that somewhere along the line it might mean field passes and free tickets to Gator home games, maybe VIP access to sky boxes or locker rooms.
My mother has locked herself in her room, feverishly trying to wrap the presents she has worked for weeks to acquire. I really hope that I like everything, because I don't want all her hard work and hard thought to have been for nothing. My mother is a beautiful woman and I hope that I can make her half as happy as she has strived to make me.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com