<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 03, 2001

At long last, it is my final late Sunday night spent typing furiously trying to finish my Reporting assignment.(Cross your fingers) I spent the day doing nothing. I lounged(I prefer lounged to sat on my butt. Lounge has a dignity that is absent in the latter) for hours and hours, catching up on some reading and the past season of the Real World. I needed the day to recooperate from last night's game, which was quite possibly the most intense to date, and to break from the people I spent way too much time with in the last 48 hours. It's been a difficult weekend, here are a few reasons why:
1) George Harrison died. Not a big deal to some, but for those who have the Beatles plastered on their walls at home like I do, his passing is a sad, sad event.
2) The Gators fell to the Tennessee Volunteers, and with them went the SEC Championship and a National title. I think a few of us jinxed the game at the start, though. We rattled our keys at kick-off. Should've known. Curse those terrorists.
3) I found out Joe the Intern is leaving. He made a point to pull me aside and tell me Friday night at the bonfire. I fought so hard against the tears but I'm glad it was dark so that he couldn't see me lose.
4) Courtney, Daniel, and their adorable baby Chance left to go home to Tennessee this evening. I didn't get to see them off, but that's ok, I would've cried then too. At least I saw them on Wednesday, right? They might not be family, but they come pretty darn close.
5) I'm adjusting to life on my own once again. It's never easy to live alone, but I much prefer the quiet to what it has replaced.
6) I dreamt people were trying to rob and kill me. That's never, ever pleasant.
and...
7) Sven has come and gone, and not so much as a word. That's okay, though, I wasn't looking forward to seeing him too much...

But hey, not all weekends can be winners.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com