<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 16, 2001

Here's this, but only because it says more about myself at this second than a clever story:

Reflections
I dream I am in a boat
Filled with twelve
Waiting
For what, we do not know
I hear my name and look to see
Him,
His hand calling me.
My feet meet water, the waves
Lapping at my toes, yet
Holding them with unnatural strength.
Afraid, I look away,
My liquid floor giving way.
But he is there,
And we walk with our hands held together.

At the end of the day, my mind swirling
With blended thoughts,
I walk alone towards home.
The sky reflects my dismal temper,
Raindrops mix with tears,
Soaking my cotton shirt.
Head down, I open my eyes to watch
The asphalt under my feet.
Slick and wet, the street has transformed
Into a river, black and two cars wide.
My feet splash puddles,
Putting up appearances of walking on water.
Amazed, I look to the sky, moving on,
With my hands held together.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com