<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 16, 2001

Today was the annual Patton family Christmas gift exchange. My father's side of the family no more resembles a family than it does a small army. He has eight brothers and sisters, so add their spouses, children, children's spouses and children's children and you have the makings of a very "cozy" gathering. Everyone had plastered plastic smiles as they waged small wars over every inch of floor or cushion they had managed to acquire. I walked away with some very lovely crystal champagne glasses, but fully intend to return them for something a little more my style. It was actually fun, a rarity for this event, and I really wish my sister had been there. She sent along her own little gift, though, an autobiography she had made for class. Inside there was a letter to me, apologizing for everything she had or hadn't done in the past 18 years. I cried, of course, and could hardly read what she had written through the blurry mess of my tears. I've only ever wanted a better relationship with my sister, and now it finally seems attainable.
We ran into Clif and Zachary "Skippy" Wilcox at the Cracker Barrel at dinner. Skip and I chatted over browinies about Harry Potter and Skip's new "girlfriend" while Clif and my parents discussed my sanity. He told them he thought I was doing wonderfully, finally an ally. It's taken the longest time to convince that man that I am ok and I will walk on eggshells for as long as I have to in order to keep him believing that.
Church tomorrow, yeah, and then a few more days until I can go home. Ahhh, home.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com