<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 27, 2001

Well, months of anticipation have breezed by in a matter of seconds and Christmas has passed even quicker. Thank God for the invention of the video camera, otherwise Christmas might have seemed to disappear completely. I don't know what it is about holidays, but they never stick around as long as they ought.
Christmas Eve seem oddly out of place. I didn't even remember what day it was until my best friend called reminding me to be at the church in 30 minutes to help set up for that evening's service. I spent the rest of the day getting ready to impress everyone but the One I should and paid for it later as I stood on the lawn, feet aching and and the rest of me shivering so violently that the candle I was holding dripped hot wax all over my hands.
Christmas Day is blurry and from the scraps I have managed to salvage from memory, it had all the trimmings of a joy-filled day . I only got about 4 hours of sleep the night before and woke up with the worst sort of excitement and anticipation. I hadn't done that in forever, and the whole ordeal made me feel completely like a child. Christmas morning many of the same childish sentiments, unwrapping presents with the goofiest grin on my face (as the camera would later show) and getting so excited about receiving the presents I had been bugging my parents for since September. My mom did the best job shopping, and for the first year I have absolutely no intentions of returning any of her hard work. Later that day, as I sat in my grandparent's house with the rest of my family, I was so taken aback by the fact that I was actually enjoying myself. I tried to take as much from the evening as I could, knowing that there probably wont be many more holidays like this one in the years ahead.
The rest of my time has been spent on the couch, recovering from my run in with my father's sinus infection. He has germed up just about every inch of this house, and thank goodness all I have is a slight cold. Nevertheless, I hate being sick and have spent the last 48 hours holding every sneeze, cough and dripping nose against him.
I'm actually excited about the rest of my time here at home, well, except maybe Monday night. New Year's Eve is never like I imagine that it should be and never ever like it is in the movies. Dick Clark and I have spent many a Rockin' New Year together and I am sure we have a few more yet to see.
I still have a few days to salvage this year, though, and have every intention of making the next 4 days better than the past 361. How do you squeeze 8664 hours worth of moments into only 96? I have no idea, but I shall certianly try.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com