<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 06, 2002

Still at home in Tampa, though in less than 24 hours I will have to leave and go back to school. For the first time in a very long time, I have absolutely no desire to leave here. Maybe I fear a repeat of last year, maybe I'm dreading the goodbyes the end of this semester will most certainly bring. Whatever it is, I want no part of it and would be perfectly content to spend a few more weeks resting here with my family. As I was crawling into bed the other night, I realized there won't be many times in the future where I can drop everything and come home for two weeks. It's a scary thing to grow up, I don't see how everyone manages to do it.
My mother and I saw the Royal Tenebaums last night. It was one of the smartest movies I have seen in a while. If I had any sort of say so in the movie business, I would say that every comedy should be like that one, though I imagine its novelty would wear off after a while and then everyone would hate me and I would eventually be stripped of my say so. Nevertheless, it was a great movie, and my mom even thought it was funny. (I don't know what sort of endorsement that is, if any, but I thought the fact that we agreed on a movie was a breakthrough.) You should go see it, and if you do, call me, because I want to come with. And, as if one good movie wasn't enough, I saw Beauty and the Beast at the IMAX theater tonight with my best friend. Now, I know what you all are thinking, but there is something very appealing about the things you loved when you were younger and this movie is no exception.
What else has happened...? I went to Tallahassee with my sister to drop off her "friend" Brian and left less than 12 hours later completely unimpressed with the city, their gas prices and the university that resides there. Returned briefly to Gaineville on the way home only to find the city in an uproar over the saddest event I have seen in three years of living there. Steve has waved his visor goodbye and I don't know if many saw it coming. Yesterday a plane crashed into a building in downtown Tampa, so all the stations have been airing special edition news broadcasts so they can spend half an hour repeating the same information and making the same comparisons to 9/11. Only this time it was a suicidal 15 year old flying a stolen Cessna into an empty building on a Saturday evening. I guess they'll take what they can get.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com