<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 18, 2002

I took the long way home tonight to drive down memories and take the tour of the landmarks of my youth. Past the elementary school that was brand new when I went there, now aging gracefully as time and waves of pre-adolences wear away its freshness. Past the house where my first boyfriend, Palmer, lived, standing as a reminder of our brief romance. He wooed me with Waldo books and forbidden adventures in the woods and stolen kisses in the trees. Down the street where I learned ride my bike, sans training wheels. Past the house of my mother's good friend. I saw her in the window oblivious to the fact that I was intruding on her night. Past the house of my then best friend Nikki. Even the darkness was unable to hide the fact that years of abuse had left her house dumpy and unloved. Finally, past the house where my very first memories were made. Time has been gracious and has left almost every inch exactly as it was when I lived there. I miss that house. With the tour over, I made my way towards home and reflected on the past, desperately wishing I could have it all back.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com