<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 03, 2002

I'm probably about the only person not sitting in front of my television right now. This year, at least for the next hour, I've opted not to pay homage to the annual battle over yards, end zones, and commercial air time. Rather, I think I might listen some melancholy music and fight the battles in my head. The weekend has been a mess of days, though I am afraid that might have a negative connotation. I'm simply amazed at the pliability some days have to stretch themselves so they seem to last for twice as long. Friday began in Gainesville and ended in Tampa, and sometime in between it managed to fool my mind into thinking it had actually stretched itself into Saturday. I returned the next evening, heavily confused over which day it actually was and woke up this morning and prepared for class rather than Sunday worship. Combined in the mix were a fight with my sister, an angry dinner with my father, a much too brief afternoon outing with my mother, 400 miles, a great night with wonderful friends, and a worship service that brought tears to my eyes.
Sometimes I feel like the world has packed its trunks and left me behind. I guess that's what happens when you're busy trying to cling to the moment at hand.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com