<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 13, 2002

Leave it to my mother to make bad days good again. She knows just what to say to make things all better. She knows when to say I love you and when to say I told you so. She understands that somedays it's necessary to call three times and talk for an hour while other days require going on without hearing her voice. And somehow, she has the uncanny ability to send me a long-distance hug right when I need one the most. She sent me a package, priority mail, to make sure that I had something to open on Valentine's Day. Inside was a sweater, and a gift certificate, and a card that said she always loves me even when others do not. I cried and called her for the fourth time today. It's nice to find the kind of satisfaction in my relationship with her that some are so desperately seeking to discover in other people. Happy Valentine's Day, Mom. I love you and thanks.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com