<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 25, 2002

Lets play catch-up. The past 12 days in 500 words or less. It's amazing how uninspiring, not to mention intimidating, a blank screen can be, but bare with me because I'm thinking I owe everyone still reading after more than a week of silence the courtesy of eeking out a few clever sentences.
There is currently, at this very moment, a show on television that makes my lonely little life seem less desperate and pitiful. The Bachelor, a show about a real, live single man sifting through twenty-five different women in order to find his bride and doing it all for the sake of entertainment, is making its debut on ABC. Good Lord, didn't we learn our lesson with Who Wants to Marry a Millionare?? I myself have made the decision not to date anyone until I move to Tennessee. Not seriously that is. And not that I have any offers, either, but I'm saying if the opportunity came knockin', I probably would chose not to answer the door. I mean how much sense does it make to involve yourself in a relationship in a town in which you have no intentions of staying after graduation? This is either a genius idea or a way to make the lack of any romantic relationship seem like my choice.
A few nights ago, under the flashy grin of the cheshire moon, I ran away. Not too far, no where exciting or even unfamiliar, but far enough to escape the glow of city lights and take in everything the night sky has to offer. It's amazing the glory you miss living in a bustling metropolis. Equally astounding, are the kind of revelations that come upon you after discovering that glory. Lying there, on the ground, shivering quietly, I wished for a few things: I wished that people weren't so stupid and so quick to jump to false conclusions, I wished for a new nose, I wished for a blanket, I wished for a clean apartment and a roommate to follow, I wished to lose fifteen pounds, I wished for world peace and for funny movies and for a prince on a white steed, and/or in a nice car, to come and whisk me away. I waited a moment or two for God to take notes, then got up, brushed off and drove back to town.
Have you ever looked at your reflection so long that the image of your face seems odd and unreal? That your mind takes a flying leap from its usual residence? Stretch that feeling over a week and a half and you might come close to what I have been living.
Clever or not, that's all you're going to get. I'm off to dream.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com