<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 20, 2002

So, Tony Bennet once said he left his heart in San Francisco. I have left that and just about everything else. I am now just a shell, functioning for the next six months at which time I will pack up every meager belonging I can fit in my Mazda 626 and drive across the country to that city by the bay. I was made for city life. I was made for that city. I was made for the people, no, the person sitting in that city right now in his apartment on Scott Street. The smell of his home lingers in my hair, left over from our goodbye this morning, and I'm sad to have to wash it as the smell is the only tangible thing I have to remember him. Aside from the dull ache in the pit of my stomach, the result of leaving that fantastic city, that amazing person, I am deliriously happy. It's about time.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com