<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

I'm tired. Not from the continuing plague of sleep deprivation (which doesn't help matters) but rather from the constant mental warfare of unemployment. Circumstances are not entirely bleak. I had a second interview today for a job answering phones and a staffing agency nipping at my heels, anxious to place my skills and experience and years of education in a position doing exactly the same. A week ago, despite the mundane and brainless tasks both positions would imply, I would have pounced on either. But then, completely out of the blue, I get a call and a preliminary interview for a REAL job, an important job, a job that would actually make use of the degree I worked so hard to earn. And I thought I nailed that interview. I thought I was witty and intelligent and absolutely on top of my game. I thought I was perfect for this position. But they haven't called me back. And now I'm crushed, defeated and puffy from hours spent giving into the misery.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com