<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Be careful what you wish for 

It might just come true.

He called, only hours after I pitifully bemoaned my meager existence in this awful little town. He called and invited me, ME, to watch Game 3 outside the Forum on Saturday night. It was a intimate occasion - me, and him, and 3,000 other fans sporting face paint and thunder sticks. Though I might have preferred something a bit more personal, I really didn't mind losing him to the charms of ice and pucks, cheap shots and the potential for some serious fights. He's a GUY and, worse, a FAN, so expecting him to turn away from a finals game was rather like expecting Vincent D'Onofiro to show up on my doorstep and drop to one knee. Despite the game, things went well. There were lots of side glances and secret smiles. At the end of the night there was even an invitation to join him later in the week for another game.

We haven't talked since then, but I'm suprisingly all right with the way that we've left the situation. I'm playing it cool, as cool as possible, and making deliberate yet seemingly casual moves towards progressing things away from the friendship tip. Things will happen if they're supposed to and I'm learning to accept that as fact.


#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com