<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 23, 2004

Which way to the soup line 

So, I got fired today. Well, not so much fired as asked firmly to resign. I can't say I'm surprised, I knew it was coming. I was supposed to be smack in the middle of a two week probation but apparently by two weeks, they meant one. I found out as I was sitting in the cafeteria of the county courthouse, smack in the middle of my first day of jury duty. Could I come into the office at the end of the day to "talk"? I agreed then promptly called my mom/career counselor to talk strategy. Thank God I had a box in the back seat of my car, just waiting for this moment to come. By 4:30 I was out of the jury box and off to face the music. By 6 I had cleared out my desk, given them a few pieces of my mind and was on my way home. I was upset, who wouldn't be, not so much at the loss of a job that I hated more than anything or the implied failure that comes along with it, but because I hadn't managed to get a new job while I was still employed at the old. I'm not sure what to do next or where to go from here. Things could be worse. I could have spent the last 5 months the way I spent the year before that. Help, anyone, please.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com