<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The Morning After 

As wrapping things up here in town has to happen quickly, my days have turned into marathons. Packing, sorting, saying goodbyes. I think I like it that way. Being so focused on completing the task ahead has allowed me to completely block the bigger picture, and all of its unpleasant emotional baggage, from view. That is until tonight.
The excitement that drove me through most of the day has given way to anxiety and fear and hundreds of questions. The fact that I have this great new job has yet to sink in but the realization that I'll be moving away from everything and everyone I know and love has nestled into a large knot in my stomach. I'm not doubting my decision to take this job, I love this job, but what if the rest of my new life doesn't fall into place as easily as this position? It won't take long to find out, I guess.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com