<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Excuse me while I kiss the sky 

For those of you who have been coming to this site day after day since August, hoping to find some new witty insights only to be disappointed by one ridiculously drawn out unexcused silence, today is your lucky day. For the rest of you, consider yourselves providentially blessed as well.
I put some serious thought into leaving you all for good, permanently closing the window into my very boring, very predictable little life. After 4+ years of writing, what more could there possibly be to say? How much "woe is me" should one audience be forced to intake? Obviously, if you know me at all, we have yet to reach the point where I have nothing to say. And, for every tearful, miserable entry, there are others that recount to more positive sides of life. Like the one you happen to be reading right now.
So, I've been busy trying to get my life in order after failing to land safely on my feet when my job and security net were pulled out from under me. I floated for a while, moved apartments, tried my hand at substitute teaching (which, p.s., is one career that should come with a Surgeon General's warning. CAUTION: Substitute teaching may be hazardous to your health and if not yours than almost certainly the health of the children/demon spawn you happen to be teaching) and relentlessly continued to throw myself at the feet of employers. Do not think for a second that I handled this time well at all. I was MISERABLE and can't remember a more depressing era in my life. After what felt like an eternity, my hard work and serious pleadings paid off and job opportunities came flooding in. FLOODING. Like Noah and the ark kind of flooding. So, now I have a new job and it's great. I'm doing what I went to school to do in the career environment I wanted and I'm getting paid. It's fantastic and absolutely amazing to see the power of prayer.
There are other aspects of life that have yet to work out and the turning of the year seemed to have brought some of those issues to light, but I would say that I'm handling things much more capably than I did before. I have faith that things will work out. And though they may not work out the way I had originally intended, situations are almost always resolved in ways that make me better and stronger.
So, I'm back, for now, whether you like it or not.

#
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Web Counter by TrafficFile.com